Monday, 4 January 2016

Highlights of 2015

So a BIG FAT blogmas fail :(
I was doing so well. Like so well, I only had 10 days left and well it all went to pot. For those who don't know in December I decided to take on the challenge of blogging every day from the 1st to the 25th. I only lasted 15 days, but still 15 is better that nothing, I am proud of myself for that. 

Any way, enough of my failures. Happy New Year.

Over the last few days I have seen so many posts on social media where people are talking about how they can not wait for 2016 and 2015 can do one. 

Now I am the complete opposite, I am so sad to be saying bye to 2015. 2015 was honestly my year. It was the best and there were so many highs. So today I wanted to share some of those with you. 

So here we go. My highlight reel of 2015. 

We started our year with an adventure. We spent the day dreaming and talking about all the things to come in 2015, needless to say all of our expectations were completely blown.



Back in January the serious wedding prep started. I spent my days organising excel spread sheets or writing in my spotty notebook. My room was covered in jars and there were flowers everywhere as we practised button holes and bouquets. 


In February everything was confirmed and the buying of our new house was all going through, it meant that it was now time to start buying grown up things. I remember having this really surreal moment one day when we were looking at carpets that I was getting old. 


We finally got the keys for our new home.



Thats when all the hard work of decorating and cleaning started. I loved it so much. This was going to be our home. 


Amongst all of this there was ALOT of weddings. The more weddings we went to the more we got excited for ours. 


6 weeks before we got married I headed to kids camp with 50 kids for 4 days of insane crazy fun. We had the best week, it was also a tad scary as there were so many things I kept saying 'oh I will do that after kids camp,' 'once kids camp is done I will think about that.' When Kids Camp was finished it was FULL steam ahead. 


But before we got married I became the HEN. Andrew and I were treated and spoilt. He headed to Belgium to some festival and I had a day in York having afternoon tea with my bridesmaids followed by a meal with all of my favourite people. It was the best.

This all happened a week before the wedding. 

Finally it was here.




This was honestly the most amazing day. I have been married nearly 6 months now and I have know idea where the time has gone. Everything about our day was perfect. I wish I could share more pictures but we will be here forever but I did do a post with some of my favourites so go and check it out here.





I then went on the most amazing holiday ever. I have never left Europe so the idea of going on a long haul flight for 10 hours blew my mind. 

We had the most amazing week ever and it has totally given me the bug for travelling. 


This year I also got my hair all cut off. From getting engaged I decided to grow my hair so after the wedding I went for it didn't I. 


In October we decided that we would 'do up' the kitchen so spent what felt like forever priming, painting and making it all pretty. We are so chuffed with the final look. I blogged the whole process so check out what we did here.

Finally we finished off the year by having the most amazing Christmas and New Year. We had 4 full days with friends and family and then headed off to Edinburgh for Hogmanay to see Biffy Clyro.







This year has been the best. 

So when it comes to 2016 we have no plans. Literally no plans and I can not wait for that. 
The plan for 2016 is to just 'Wing It.'

So what has been the highlight of your year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment