Saturday, 7 November 2015

An Anxious Heart


Since about the age of 18 anxious and paranoid thoughts is something I have had to struggle with everyday.

So many time I've backed out and not done things because of feeling super anxious or worried about so many different things that could/would happen.

Psalm 119 vs 11 says...
'I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.'

One day I made the choice to store up Gods word in my heart. The reason why I did that was for those times those anxious thoughts reared there ugly head. With every thought that I struggled with I would fight back with a verse that I stored up in my heart. 

You have know idea how many times I have found myself in places and situations where I have literally had to repeat these verses out loud. 

So here they are 10 bible verse for an anxious heart. I really encourage you to store these up in your heart. Remember them. Use them and hold on to them. 

Proverbs 3 vs 5
'Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding.'

Philippians 4 vs 6
'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.'

Psalm 91 vs 4
'He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge.'

Jeremiah 29 vs 11
'For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'

Philippians 4 vs 13
'For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'

Matthew 6 vs 34
'So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of its own.'

Isaiah 41 vs 10
'So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.'

Psalm 56 vs 3
'When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.'

Isaiah 40 vs 31
'But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not go weary, they will walk and not faint.'

John 14 vs 27
'Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.'

There is so many more I could add. But if you are struggling with anxiety start to store up Gods word your heart. Use it to fight back.


No comments:

Post a Comment